Blue Cheese Bombers vs. Roughriders Ham & Cheese Sliders!
Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs Saskatchewan Roughriders – Saturday, June 27th at 8pm
To help you prepare for your #CFLKickoff tailgate party, we’re sharing some team-approved tasty tailgate recipes… who’ll win the snack showdown?!
Blue Cheese Bombers
While every other tailgate host is offering their guests blue cheese sauce to dip their wings in, you can wow your crowd with these blue cheese pepper bombs, while the team wows on the field!
- 12 mini bell peppers
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of blue cheese dressing
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing, and chill until ready to use
- Core the peppers
- Stuff peppers with chilled cream cheese and blue cheese mixture
- Wrap the stuffed peppers with a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick
- Cook on grill over med-high heat, for about 30min or until bacon is cooked
Roughriders Ham & Cheese Sliders
Try these easy ham & cheese sliders while cheering for the Roughriders! Fast, simple, delicious, and worth the touchdown dances your guests will be doing once they get a taste.
- 24 slices of deli honey ham
- 6 deli slices of swiss cheese, cut into quarters
- 6 slices of thinly cut pineapple
- Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- Preheat the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F)
- Brush the cooking grates on the grill clean
- Place sliced pineapple on grill, and flip once grill marks appear
- Remove from heat, and cut into quarters
- Place sliced ham on grill in slider-sized piles, and flip each once grill marks appear
- Place sliced cheese on top of individual ham piles, and remove from heat when melted
- Assemble sliders with ham, melted cheese, and pineapple between buns, using the toothpicks to hold each slider together
Did you try one of our tasty tailgate treats? Let us know! Comment below, or tweet us at @CFL.
Recipes sourced through Pinterest
Post by Joscelyn Longo