It’s #CFLKickoff! Let’s kickoff the season right with some tasty tailgate snacks!By: Joscelyn Longo
Ottawa REDBLACKS vs Montreal Alouettes – Thursday, June 25th at 7:30pm
To help you prepare for your #CFLKickoff tailgate party, we’re sharing some team-approved tasty tailgate recipes… who’ll win the snack showdown?!
REDBLACKS Lumberjacked-up Grilled Corn
Not much says “summer” like corn-on-the-cob, but we all know the REDBLACKS like to amp it up! This spicy twist on an old favourite will ignite the REDBLACKS fans at your tailgate party!
- 6 pieces of corn on the cob, husks removed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 4 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper
- Optional lime wedges
- Preheat your grill on medium heat
- Coat husked corn cobs with olive oil, and evenly sprinkle salt and pepper
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. When finished, the corn should be lightly browned, or showing uneven blackened grill marks
- While the corn is grilling, mix remaining dry ingredients in a bowl
- Cover each cob of corn in mayonaise (as though you were covering it with butter), and sprinkle dry mixture over the cobs.
- Serve with lime wedges for an extra punch of flavor, by squeezing the juice over the corn when you’re ready to eat it
Montreal Alouwhipped Fruit Dip
This sweet treat is great when served chilled in the summer heat, and is easy to make prior to your tailgate party! It pairs well with apple slices, bananas, and an Alouettes win!
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ⅓ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients
- Whip with a whisk, or a small hand-mixer on low, until all ingredients are blended
- Chill until ready to serve
Did you try one of our tasty tailgate treats? Let us know! Comment below, or tweet us at @CFL.
Recipes sourced through Pinterest